Blog #2

  
 As a student I have used Microsoft word in a variety of ways. I have used it most often to write papers, but it also has served more purposes than that to me. I have used it to create resume's, calendars, and flyers. Microsoft word is one part of Microsoft Office that I feel like I have a good enough understanding to do many different things with. Specifically, I have seen my teachers use it to take notes on in front of the class and review something we have learned. I have seen them use it to create newsletters to go home to parents. I have even seen it in a pre-school setting where out teacher had us use it to create lesson plans and other things that were used in the pre-school to make it run efficiently and for us to be able to communicate with parents. Microsoft word has proven to be one of the most useful Office's that I have used growing up. Now they make Google docs which is similar but allows you and others to work on the same document at the same time which has made group work and sharing information much easier especially with the increase in access to technology in our ever-changing society. 
   Copy right and fair use comes to the attention of teachers in quite a few different ways, especially when worksheets are one of the most common forms of learning in the classroom. I have specially come into contact with worksheets that may have violated the copy right and fair use rules, but teachers insisted that it was okay that we were using these only within their classroom. As a teacher in the future, I plan to abide by the rules/laws in their entirety so that my classroom promotes the right behavior when it comes to copyright. This issue should not be taken lightly from the teacher or student stand point. I will hold myself accountable and ensure that the assignments thatI give my students is either my own work or from a set of worksheets that is allowed to be made into copies. I feel as though we as teachers get to hold out students to a high set of standards and we should hold ourselves to the same set of high standards. 
   Integrating technology into schools seems easy, but is a whole process that needs modification each time something new is implemented. An issue with integrating technology within the classroom is Cyberbullying/Cyberstalking. This issue has become very prevalent in today's society and is one that needs some extreme consideration. In my classroom, this will not be tolerated. I will be sure that this does not go on and if it does the correct steps to discipline the offender will be taken. I think this is something that should be talked about at the school and home level so I will ensure that parents are also on board with my strict rules so that they will also monitor what is happening at home with their child(ren) on social media. Another issue with integrating technology within the classroom is copy right. As you can see in the paragraph above it is very easy to copyright something and not realize it. I will be sure that with these laws in place to not copyright anything that is protected against these rules. It is imperative that I set a good example to my students and by abiding by this law I will be holding myself to a high standard like I will also hold my students. Lastly an issue that I feel can be very impactful within integrating technology within my classroom is the act of plagiarism. Plagiarism is something that is held very high within my standards of technology. I know it is exceptionally easy to plagiarism something, but this will not ever be tolerated within my classroom. Students will be made well aware of this rule that I will have put in place at the very beginning of the school year, they will sign an agreement with their parents so that every party is on the same page. With this I will be able to hold them to a very high standard and if it is violated the correct discipline action will be taken against them. Technology integration within the classroom can be very beneficial, but it can also bring about many issues that would never be around if technology was not created. I do plan on implementing the use of technology periodically within my classroom so that my students will be well versed and prepared for later on in their lives. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #9

Blog #7

ILP #1